Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Little Clarity


Lately hubs and I have been feeling, well, blah. Our 120 lb dog Bogey has been diagnosed with canine lymphoma and doesn't have much longer to go, I've had to lay employees off due to the current market and our kids have been down with colds for much of the past 4 months. And let's not even get into the current economic crisis. But today I've decided if you can't change your situation, you can change your perspective.


So, drumroll please, here are some of the beautiful things about my life right now:


1) My son picking daffodils just for me and saying they make me a "beautiful princess" (What can I say, the kid's a charmer.)


2) My daughter's eyes lighting up when I enter a room.


3) Hubs and I sharing inside jokes that grow stronger with each year we're married.


4) Bogey, our dog, still kicking and stealing food off of our counters like she was a puppy again.


5) A trip to San Diego with Leggo Land and Sea World in our future.


6) Hot coffee on a rainy morning.


7) Wonderful family and friends who know where we've been, where we are and where we yearn to be.


8) My kids dancing like crazy around the living room as we listen to yet another round of "Choo Choo Soul."


9) Secure jobs that enable us to live comfortably.


10) Perspective to see that while everything has been woefully hard the last few months, a better time is coming.


And that, my friends, is what I'm going to focus on today... and feel blessed for all we have.

1 comment:

  1. well said Laurie. we all need more positive focus. this is good stuff.

    ReplyDelete