Thursday, April 9, 2009

Employee Number One


There are certain times as a work-from-home entrepreneur that seem unbearable and one of those times, without question, is the passing of a pet. This week we had to put our beautiful dog Bogey down after a battle with cancer. Bogey was my stalwart companion. When I was on bedrest with my son Ethan, Boge put herself right down beside me and we toughed out the 5 weeks together. Not a day went by without her pawing my office door and once I let her in, laying down with a sigh at my feet. She was always here... until she wasn't.


As I work in my office, I find myself looking to the corner where she always laid and I'm missing her in so many new ways. Her wagging tail when I got home from meetings, her "love barks" in the middle of important conference calls, even her farts, which measured off the charts on the richter scale.


I think I would still miss Bogey just as much if I had a job outside the home, but I don't know that I would miss her as often.


So here's to you, my first and best "employee." You are missed more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment